I have been teaching violin and viola for the past 15 years in the UK,France and Holland. I specialise in classical and tango music and love teaching and sharing my love of music. I teach all ages, from 3 years old up to 75 and find anyone can improve their playing if they take the time to practise! I believe lessons should be fun with a challenge and I am always interested to hear why someone wants to learn and what music they would like to play. I love it when pupils feel inspired!
• Birmingham Conservatoire Junior School, replacement violin teacher (teaching chamber music groups, individual students of the ages 7-12 years old)
• Nottingham Council Saturday Music School, arts tutor (classroom teaching of a group of 15 students ages from 6-15, teaching them music theory and composition)
• Midland Arts Centre, Birmingham, replacement violin teacher (individual violin/viola lessons for students of all ages)
• Birmingham Conservatoire Folk Music, assistant (teaching a class of 20 students about different folk music in the world, putting groups together for the concert, rehearsing them)
• The American School of Paris, violin teacher (individual violin lessons)
• Festival Aux Coeurs du Tango, musical workshop for children, Paris, France (led a musical workshop for children in the music centre L’Entrepont in Issy Les Moulineaux showing them the different rhythms an instruments used in tango music)
• Tango à la Carte, musical workshop for musicians, Alkmaar, Holland (led a workshop for adults in which we put together a tango orchestra, rehearsed it and performed the pieces to the public)
• Chamber Music Associate, Dartington International Summer School of Music (put people into groups according to level, booked rehearsal studios, organised coaching sessions with international artists, coached the groups myself and played with them and helped with general running and administration of the chamber music course on this summer school).
• The British School of Paris, violin/viola teacher (individual lessons and preparation for ABRSM EXAMS)
• Maison de la Musique, Nanterre, France, replacement violin teacher (individual violin lessons)
• Reuilly Centre d’Animation, Violin/viola/chamber music teacher (coached the chamber music group and taught individual lessons with two concerts during the school year)
• Conservatoire d’Amiens, tango workshop for string orchestra (conducted a small childrens orchestra of about 40 musicians in the style of tango music for an upcoming concert)
• EIB International School, Paris, France, teaching group classes of Suzuki violin
-1996-2000 Birmingham Conservatoire (Paradise Place, Birmingham, England) Bmus (Hons) 2:1. With Rimma Sushanskaya and Philippe Graffin
-2000-2001 Birmingham Conservatoire: Postgraduate Diploma with Peter Thomas (CBSO) -Leader of the Symphony Orchestra
-2002-2004 Rotterdam Conservatoire: Postgraduate research in to Argentinian Tango music with Gustavo Beytelmann (Holland)
-2003-2005 Conservatoire de Gennevilliers: Study of Tango chamber music with Juan José Mosalini (France)
-2009 – 2011 Royal Holloway University of London: MA in Advanced Musical Studies (Ethnomusicology & Classical violin) Merit, with Henry Stobart and Dona Lee Croft (RCM)
- 2011 - Dartington International Summer School: Beginner’s Composition with Philip Cashian
• (Classical) Howard Davis (Royal Academy UK), Anne-Marie Morin, Annick Roussin (Paris, France)
• (Tango) Ramiro Gallo, Pablo Agri, Leonardo Ferreyra, Guillermo Rubino, Mauricio Marcelli (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Yoga, travel, reading, cooking
Here are what some people who used Caroline Pearsall said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Caroline Pearsall
Hours of Availability
Caroline is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: No Availability
- Tuesday: No Availability
- Wednesday: No Availability
- Thursday: No Availability
- Friday: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday: No Availability
- Sunday: No Availability
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca, United Kingdom.