Hi I'm Laine,
Thanks for your interest in Skype lessons with me. All the information is below. It’s very flexible and you can book a lesson for any time that suits, whether it is morning, afternoon or evening, weekdays or weekends. You can book lessons as you go, which means you can vary the day and time week to week. One of the best ways to go, is to try a lesson in this format and see if it suits you, there is no obligation to continue if it doesn’t. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to try a Skype lesson.
Skype and FaceTime Lessons
Price: $40 for 30mins, $60 for 45 mins, $80 for 60 mins
Singing- All Styles
Piano- Modern or Sing and Play
Speech - for Public Speaking or Acting
Now you can have singing, speech or piano lessons from the comfort of your own home. No need to travel long distances for a lesson anymore. With Skype and FaceTime, you can have a lesson at a time that is convenient to you. Now, you can fit a lesson in between your busy life schedule.
What you will need to have a Skype or FaceTime lesson.
1. A computer with Skype capabilities (Webcam and internal or external microphone)
2. Or a FaceTime capable device (an iPhone or iPad)
3. Access to music playback, to play your practice song’s karaoke backing on, i.e:
a. Play them live from YouTube on your computer or on your iPhone or iPad or any other Smart phone.
b. Or download song backings from iTunes or the internet onto your iPod or iPhone and play them back through a stereo.
c. Or download song backings from iTunes or the internet onto your computer and then burn them to CD and play it back through your stereo.
How it works.
We connect via the internet using Skype or FaceTime and run your lessons as we would if you were right here in the studio. We can still do real time warm-ups and songs, just like you were right here with me.
How to organise a Skype or FaceTime lesson.
1. Contact me via phone call or email requesting a Skype or FaceTime lesson. We exchange, Skype connection details or FaceTime phone numbers. I also give you all the information you will need for your lesson.
2. We organise a time for a Skype or FaceTime tech run. During this 5min session we check the connection and that all the technical elements required for a digital lesson are working, i.e. quality of vision, audio and music playback. We also organise a time for your Skype and FaceTime lesson.
3. You then deposit the lesson fees into my account and email me the receipt. Funds must be deposited and received prior to the lesson.
4. At the appointed time you call me via Skype or FaceTime and we proceed with the lesson.
This is a fun and convenient way of having music lessons when it suits you, without all the hassle of travel. Try one today!
Laine Loxlea-Danann has had a diverse and highly successful career in the music industry. Laine graduated from the Queensland Conservatorium of Music in 1989 and has worked professionally in the music industry as a performer, producer, musical director, composer, and voice/singing and performance craft coach for 25 years. Laine has had an eclectic career professionally; it has included everything from opera, jazz, music theatre and pop. Laine has worked with companies such as Queensland Theatre Company, La Boîte Theatre Company, The Judith Wright Centre, The Queensland Performing Arts Centre, The Queensland Folk Federation, Musica Viva, The Queensland Music Festival, The Brisbane Festival, The Metro Arts Centre, The Bicentennial – Voices and Visions, The West End Theatre Company, Q150 Shed Tour Festival and The Brisbane Powerhouse. Laine also has a Double Diploma in Vocational Education and Training and Training Design and Development and held the position of Head of Music at the Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts for the last two years. Thriving on music, theatre and the creative arts, Laine is committed to working diversely, creatively and with a song in her heart.
Dip Mus Voc (Qld Conservatorium), Currently enrolled in Master of Music Studies at the QLD Conservatorium of Music,
Cert IV Training and Assessment, Dip Vocational Education and Training, Dip Training Design and Development
Here are what some people who used Laine Loxlea-Danann said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Laine Loxlea-Danann
Hours of Availability
Laine is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok, Australia.