MASTER PIANO TEACHER
Matt teaches piano, theory, composition & the art of notation, having taught private lessons since 1977. His teaching encompasses the Classical, Jazz & Popular Music literature. From beginners to advanced, Matt uses a multiple key approach, as well as traditional middle-C method books.
Matt says: "My philosophy of teaching music embraces the Classical literature, but is more inclusive of other styles as well: Jazz, Popular, Gospel, etc. I like to teach my students to be "functional" musicians. It is important that the student not only learn to read the written language of music, but also that they not be limited by it. I teach chordal understanding in whatever literature we're working on. In addition, learning to play EXACTLY what's written is then supplemented by ADDING notes or rhythms."
Teaching private music lessons since 1977
• 2010 - Reflections on…The Proverbs of Solomon — original soundtrack with narration
• 2010 - Just the Music™ series…The Proverbs of Solomon — original soundtrack alone
• 2010 - Matthew’s Yoga Music (Volumes 1-8) — original solo piano
• 2000 - Origins — solo piano
• 1995 - End of a Day — piano & ensemble
• 1995 - Winter On The Common
• 1992 - Conversations — piano & ensemble
• 1988 - Something About the Moon — piano & ensemble
• 1985 - A Quiet Moment — solo piano
A.S.C.A.P. - writer member (Matt Johnson) & publisher member (Dolce & Nuit Productions)
• M.M. in Jazz Studies/Composition; Distinction in Performance New England Conservatory of Music - 1987
• B.M. in Piano Performance (minors in both Organ & Theory/Composition) Oklahoma Baptist University - 1984
Published Works [samples listed below…all works available through website MattJohnsonMusic
• Piano Collections…for each recording (above) — solo piano
• Handbell Compositions & Arrangements — handbell choir or handbell quartet
• Choral, Vocal & Instrumental Works — original compositions & arrangements
• Contemporary Christian Works
Here are what some people who used Matt Johnson said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Matt Johnson
Hours of Availability
Matt is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Sunday: No Availability
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima, USA.