Nat is an Australian multi-instrumentalist, seasoned performer and all-round musical crazy
person; equally known for his funny and engaging manner, as well his consummate
Specialising in guitar, bass, composition, music business and stagecraft; Nat offers more than 25
years of collective training and experience. Always ready with a tip or handy anecdote, he approaches teaching from a fun and holistic perspective – so that the student may feel confident, excited and prepared for wherever music may take them.
Raised in the music industry, Nat began his musical education at the age of 4 and quickly
progressed to gigging in live bands by the time he was 13. He has been lucky enough to work with,
and support well known Australian, and international musicians over the years. With the guidance and friendship of amazingly supportive mentors, industry professionals and talented peers throughout his life, Nat strongly came into his own. Inspired by these people, he sought to gain a greater understanding of the various aspects of the musical world, and encourages the same in his
Being taught the ropes by musicians, managers and roadies alike, Nat loves performing on the stage just as much as working hard with the crew backstage. This allows him to offer an uncommon insight into the various aspects of live performance.
Gaining early entrance into university, he undertook a bachelor degree in theatre design in 2002
before moving to Sydney to study at the JMC Academy, graduating in 2009 as one of the
universities highest achieving students, attaining a degree in music & performance. In addition, he
also holds additional qualifications in music pedagogy, training and assessing – all of which
compliment his approach to teaching.
So, in a nutshell, who is he really? Well:
• He is an avid gamer
• A keen 'lolsmith' / crafter of shenanigans
• Lots of really, really nerdy stuff.
• A massive fan of music, with a particular love for metal.
• Lover of the outdoors and seeking new places to explore!
He continues to actively work in the music industry as a live & session performer, promoter,
composer, stage manager, roadie/tech and music teacher.
Please visit naticusmusic for more information :)
• 15 years teaching experience (private and studio based)
• 20 years professional stagecraft & live performance experience.
• 10 years working experience as a professional session musician.
• 14 years working experience in live music production.
• 13 years audio engineering experience.
• 12 years experience in music marketing and promotions.
• 17 years working experience as a freelance musician & composer/arranger.
• Background in graphic design, music tuition and business development.
• Bachelor Degree: Music & Performance
• Advanced Diploma (B.A in progress): Design for Theatre
• Certificate IV: Training & Assessing
• Contemporary Instrumental training: Guitar (20 years), Bass (18 years), Piano (28 years), Double Bass (3 years).
• Certificate IV: Business (music focused)
• Certificate IV: Small Business Management.
• Performing live
• Gaming (avidly!)
• Traveling & Camping
• Composing music (professionally and just for fun!)
• Frolicking on beaches in slow motion
Here are what some people who used Nat Harmer said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Nat Harmer
Hours of Availability
Nat is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Sunday: No Availability
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Vladivostok, Australia.