Have you always dreamed of:
-singing with freedom and resonance, with ease and flexibility?
-belting out your favorite rock ballad and spellbinding the crowd?
-having a huge range and expressive power that makes people’s jaws drop?
Ask me for Skype lessons (or face to face if we are in the same country) and I can help you free your voice and find your true sound through my restorative vocal yoga method of teaching.
I will help you get back in touch with your breath and the freedom you once felt in your voice as a child.
I will help with any relaxation, placement, strain issues you may have and extend your range and give you resonance and power.
If you have any health issues that may affect your voice I can give you advice and guidance, special exercises , yoga routines etc - having suffered myself from GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) and a resulting small vocal node in the past and having dealt with various health issues - despite which I have managed to still work as a singer!
I can teach you to:
- Improvise and write songs.
- Develop your expression.
- Develop your technique without losing your own unique sound.
- Extend your range to at least 3 octaves (sometimes even 4 or 5!)
- Breath control and control of your entire range.
- Sing in a variety of techniques- become a versatile singer!
-Basic guitar/keyboard skills if requested.
I have an acute ear for detail and upon our first session and hearing you we will be able to discuss your voice and how to move forward.
I’ve got quite a few Skype students and the lessons are highly successful as long as you have some adequately good headphones and a good internet connection.
2009 to date
Private vocal, violin and music theory tuition to individual students, as well as small groups:
- Effective at connecting with students of various backgrounds and musical tastes
- Ability to teach students through various methods and individualised lesson plans thus achieving results through students being made aware of how their body works and how to free their voice and truly understand the material and technique.
- Individualised practice method and exercises
- Ability to help the students connect to the subject and acquire a musical ear
- Being a professional musician has allowed me to provide my students with an insight into the music business, recording methods and advice on expression, image and stage presence.
Peripatetic Violin teacher at Frederick Bremer School as part of the Music in Secondary School’s Trust: The Andrew Lloyd Webber Programme (MiSST). During my one term there as part of a temporary contract myself and the other peripatetic teachers helped the music department kick start the programme through teaching beginner year 7 students :
-how to play the violin and encouraging good intonation, rhythm and musicianship
-instrumental care and practice log
-setting good routines and targets
-constantly changing the groups based on ability and encouraging practice through positive reinforcement
-whole class and whole school performances
Worked as a full time teacher in secondary schools as part of my PGCE teacher training:
- Ability to make lesson plans and resources at late notice
- A high level of organisational skills developed in order to keep records of assessments and student attainment - over 500 students taught in addition to a professional folder providing detailed evidence for each QTS standard of teaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff and parents in writing and in meetings while handling difficult situations with parents or student behaviour.
- Good time management skills; ability to complete high level of course work for university while teaching in the full time placement school producing original lesson plans and resources, participating in extra- curricular activities and tutoring in the evenings.
PGCE in Secondary Music at Middlesex University
The Degree of Bachelor of Music (Honours) (Middlesex University) (2007-2010) London Centre of Contemporary Music
The Theatre of Changes, Athens (2006-2007) Drama School
Doukas School, Athens (2004-2006)
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Yoga, Travelling, Theatre
Here are what some people who used Olga Botsi said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Olga Botsi
Hours of Availability
Olga is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Wednesday: 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Thursday: 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Friday: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Saturday: 10:30 AM to 8:30 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa, Greece.